How to replace images.
- Open up your website dashboard and go to the Pages/Members/Posts section.
- Hover over the Page/Member/Post you want to edit and select the Edit link that appears underneath.
- Scroll down till you find the image you want to edit and hover your cursor over the picture.
- Select the pencil that appears to edit the image OR select the cross to delete (and then replace) the image.
- Once the image is removed, an [Add Image] button appears. Click this.
- Choose the image you want from the Media library and click the [Select] button.
- REMEMBER to click the [Update] button to save your changes.
Banner images should be a minimum size of 1920px by 500px and the focus of the picture should be slightly right of centre. This allows the image to work with the webpage’s header placement that sits over the banner images.
Logo images should be a minimum size of 450px by 450px. If the logo is banner style, then the width should be minimum 450px.
How to add social media links to member pages.
- Open up your website dashboard and go to the Members section.
- Hover your cursor over the name of the Member you want to edit and select the Edit link that appears underneath.
- Scroll down to the ‘Other information’ section.
- Switch to the ‘Text’ view (the other view is ‘Visual’).
- To create a heading, insert <h4>Social Media</h4>
- Copy and paste the below code for the relevant social platforms. The code starts with <a href= and ends with </a>.
- REMEMBER to update the URL for each of the social pages, for every Member.
<a href="https://www.facebook.com/giantheadestatewinery" target="_blank" rel="noopener"><i class="fab fa-fw fa-facebook-square"></i> Facebook</a>
<a href="https://www.instagram.com/giantheadwinery" target="_blank" rel="noopener"><i class="fab fa-instagram"></i> Instagram</a>
<a href="https://twitter.com/giantheadwinery" target="_blank" rel="noopener"><i class="fab fa-fw fa-twitter-square"></i> Twitter</a>
How to create a form using WP Forms.
- Open up your website dashboard and go to the WPForms section.
- Click the [Add New] button.
- Enter in the name of the form you are creating and select a relevant template.
- Under Fields, you can format the form to include exactly the fields you need.
- Under Settings >> General >> tick the box for 'Enable Google invisible reCAPTCHA' (this will prevent bots and spam from submitting the form).
- Under Settings >> Confirmation >> you can change the message users will see after submitting the form.
- Once finished, click the [SAVE] button.
- Once saved, click the cross in the top right corner to go back the WPForms section where the form you have created will now be in the list.
- When you want to insert this form on a page, copy and paste the 'Shortcode', e.g. [ wpforms id="123" ]